Bill Gates once wrote an essay entitled "Content is King". In marketing, this quote is priceless and even more relevant today. The rise in popularity of content marketing is thanks to how much it is about the customer rather than the business itself. Content marketing is an umbrella term covering a range of activities. And video marketing is one of the fastest rising activity in this field.
Video marketing means storytelling through videos to promote and tell people about your product or service. Video is a versatile way to produce content that is easily shared across multiple channels. Consumers enjoy watching videos because they are not only entertaining and engaging, but also easier to digest. With the huge rise of social media and video specific social media channels like YouTube and TikTok, if you are a business owner, marketing manager, content marketing expert, or influencer/YouTuber looking to enhance your brand’s awareness, then video marketing should be your top priority.
Whether you’re producing a video for social media or general website content, video content is what will set you apart from competitors. If you want audiences to engage and watch the videos you produce, you need to produce content based on each social media channel’s audience’s preference and produce specifically for them. For example, channels like Facebook prefer videos that are three minutes long, but Instagram audiences might not watch videos further than 30 seconds. This is key to successful video marketing in social media.
However equally important is that you need to produce video content that tells stories. Why? Videos that tell stories is the best way to connect with your audiences, adding a human touch to your brand well building trust and providing value to their lives. Videos that tell a story about your brand will evoke emotion in the viewer. If you want to produce videos that promote your products and services without seeming like a forced sale, but rather delivering a valuable and enjoyable experience that excites your audiences then this programme is for you.
In this programme you will learn how to produce video content for specific social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other social media through storytelling. This is a skill that will help capture audiences in many different fields that can set themselves apart from competitors, weather you are small business owner, digital marketer, content marketer or YouTuber/influencer.
This one-year vocational college programme offers expertise in Video Marketing in social media. Graduates will be able to work with digital marketing strategies aimed specifically at video content for social media and YouTube. By the end of the programme, you will be able to develop and maintain each social media channel, including YouTube by telling the right stories, to the right audiences based on your own brand, that they will want to watch from start to finish. Resulting in successful video content that ensures return on investment.
Students learn to apply relevant technology within the field and develop skills in designing video campaigns towards different digital media platforms. You will develop digital marketing competencies and learn the skills to plan, shoot and edit low-cost video productions.
During your studies, you will develop basic skills in setting up a small business, which you will use as an example throughout the programme or if you already have a business, you can use your current business to further propel it to success through video marketing.
You will also learn how to reach and influence selected audiences through the development of organic video content and learn effective production techniques of video ads suitable for different channels. Students will also get an understanding of performance data analytics for optimization on each social media channel. Your final project will be an execution of a large-scale video campaign in line with a chosen business of your choice based on a digital marketing strategy.
Today, knowledge about how to make thumb stopping video content content is crucial to succeed in social media.Lisa Thesen Koppang, Facebook
Skills in high demand
The battle for attention is increasing, and storytelling skills is vital. Businesses today understand that effective video marketing happens in social media channels and on YouTube. A combination of skills in YouTube video production, knowledge in digital marketing and ability to measure performance with the use of analytics tools, is competencies needed for these purposes. This one-year educational program provides this expertise and graduates will be able to work in companies in a variety of industries.
Se dette innlegget på Instagram
The first semester starts with an introduction to Digital Marketing Strategy, focusing on communication, trends, and the use of different digital channels. The second topic is Online Video Production, a practical hands-on course in video production workflow needed for online video marketing. Thirdly we dive into YouTube Methodology and how to develop and maintain a successful YouTube channel. The semester concludes with a project where you will write up a YouTube video strategy, successfully setup a fully functional YouTube channel and produce videos for it based on your own business or a business of your choice.
The second semester starts off with an Industry Project, a course that provides deeper insight in how candidates can develop a business model and exercise entrepreneurship. It continues with an exciting course in SoMe Video, where you will learn how to reach and retain an audience through the development of organic video content using creative storytelling techniques. In the course Video Advertisement you learn how to develop video ads with carefully considered call-to-action elements aimed for selected ideal audiences in different social media channels. The concluding course in Performance Analytics which will teach students how to use current data analytics tools for measurement and reports on performance from video content in digital campaigns.
In the final project, students will design a digital marketing video campaign for a specific product or service and execute this for a customer of their choice. The candidate will produce paid ads for the brand and perform a large-scale video strategy in accordance to a digital marketing plan.
Courses covered during the first semester of study:
- Marketing Strategy and Communication
- Online Video Production
- YouTube Methodology
- Semester Assignment
Courses covered during the second semester of study:
- Industry Project
- SoMe Video
- Video Advertisment
- Performance Analytics
- Project Exam
- has knowledge of concepts, processes and tools used in Digital Marketing and communication
- has knowledge of concepts, processes and tools used in video production for marketing
- has knowledge of concepts, processes and tools used in the development of a YouTube marketing strategy
- has knowledge of methods of entrepreneurship within the field of study and is trained in collaboration with students from multidisciplinary academic areas
- has knowledge of current concepts and processes for development of video marketing strategies in different Social Media platforms
- has knowledge of processes and tools used in the production of video ads aimed for selected target groups in different Social Media platforms
- has knowledge of current data analytics tools used for measurement and performance tracking from video content in digital campaigns
- has knowledge of concepts, processes and tools for the execution of an online video marketing campaign for a client
- has insight into relevant regulations, legislations and requirements applicable to the field of Video Marketing in Social Media
- has insight into the importance of professionalism and understands the importance of timely and complete deliveries
- has insight into quality requirements in online video productions aimed for current digital platforms
- can update knowledge related to the current processes and tools used in online video marketing
- understands the importance of the video marketing discipline in a societal and value-creation perspective
- has industry knowledge and is familiar with different roles, positions and functions in the field
- can apply knowledge of digital marketing and online communication in development of a digital campaign derived from a client's marketing strategy
- can apply video production knowledge in development of video marketing content
- masters relevant techniques and tools for production of video towards different digital platforms
- can apply knowledge for development and maintenance of a YouTube strategy for promotion of a brand, service or product
- masters methods for entrepreneurship in collaboration with multidisciplinary academic areas
- can apply knowledge for development of online video material designed for organic reach in different Social Media platforms
- can apply knowledge for development of social media video ads towards selected target audiences
- masters tools for online video performance analytics and can report on key performance indicators
- can apply knowledge in development of a multiplatform video campaign based on a selected client´s needs
- can study key performance indicators in a digital marketing strategy, execute video marketing campaigns and report on results
- can find information about regulations, standardized procedures and requirements relevant for current practices in video marketing in social media
- understands the ethical principles that apply to the development of a video marketing campaign and understands possibilities and limitations in data analytics
- has developed an ethical attitude in relation to all aspects of video production and analytics in the digital marketing ecosystems
- can carry out a value-added video marketing campaign based on the needs of selected target audiences
- can build relations with peers in the digital marketing industry, across discipline boundaries and with external target groups
- can develop work methods, products and services of relevance to video marketing campaigns
We recommend the following:
500 GB Hard Disk (possibly 250 GB + cloud storage).
8 GB RAM (16GB for 4K and HD)
Core i5 processor.
Smart phone with good camera.
Both PC and Mac can be used.
Headset Mid-range video camera
Mid-range lighting equipment
Job titles that are widely used are digital video marketer, digital marketer, influencer/YouTuber, digital marketing manager, market coordinator, market consultant, market strategist and digital advisor. In larger companies, you can work as a video specialist in the marketing, information, or communications department. In smaller companies with a strong focus on video in their marketing strategy, you can work as a marketing manager or head of marketing.
The programme may also be suitable for those who wish to start their own business. With an expertise in video marketing and solid experience with cost-effective marketing efforts, you will be able to market yourself and your business, across social media channels and perhaps your very own YouTube channel.
This education can serve as a platform for further studies. Students who have completed Video Marketing in Social Media can combine these skills with Digital Marketing, Graphic Design or Film Production.