Payments, loans and grants
All of our studies are approved for loans and grants from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen).
The tuition fees from Noroff are claimed twice a year; in the beginning of each semester. The invoices are sent to your registered email address.
NB! It is still important to keep your postal address up to date on My Pages.
Noroff operates with four annual study startups. The table below shows which month the semesters starts in regards of the study startup. The tuition fees for each semester is due one month after start-up.
|Study startup||Semester 2, 4, 6, 8||Semester 3, 5, 7|
The terms of the study contract defines a semester as a specific period of time. Part-time studies, by this definition, have twice the number of semesters compared to full-time studies.
Loans and grants
All the study progams at Noroff are NOKUT approved. NOKUT is the controlling authority for educational activity at all Norwegian universities, special field universities, university colleges and institutions with single accredited higher education programmes.
As a student at Noroff, you may be qualified for financial support from the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen).
The main requirement for support from Lånekassen is that you are a Norwegian citizen. However, foreign citizens may also be entitled to financial support.
Check here to see if you are eligible.
Norwegian citizens can read about payments, loans and grants in Norwegian here.
Loans and grants - what's the difference?
Financial support is the total sum of both grants and loans. A grant is money you are given, and a loan is money you must pay back.
Read more about grants and loans and financial support for foreign students.
If you have any questions, contact Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund (Lånekassen).
Student Service Prices
NOK = Norwegian kroner, the Norwegian currency
Higher Vocational College
- Up to two attempts are included in the tuition fee
- Next attempt (re-deliver) has a fee of NOK 500,-
Course-/projectassignment and exam
- First attempt is included in the tuition fee
- Resit (continuation/new attempt) of course assignments has a fee of NOK 1.500,-
- NB! New price valid from 01.01.2023 is NOK 2.200,-
Change in progression online studies
- Change of study workload (part-time/full-time): NOK 3.000,-
- Delay in progression/change of class: NOK 3000
- Extended access to study program after expired study period: NOK 10 000 per semester
Diploma and transcripts
- Original diploma (passed program) and transcript (not passed program) is included in the tuition fee
- New diploma: NOK 1 000,-
- Continuation exam is included in the tuition fee.
- New Exam/Repeating Course is 750,- NOK pr ECTS