Build a career as a digital marketer and create results with digital advertising, search engine optimization, privacy and analytics. This education focuses on strategic and targeted online marketing and social media.
Digital Fields of Expertise Always Under Development
Developments on the internet move at a fast pace, and technology and communication merge closer together. This interaction is changing in line with technological development. The program requires you to keep you updated on new trends and marketing channels. New sites, channels, tools and services occur continuously and are where companies and organizations can reach users.
Most of the students in my class signed a contract with their new employers before the final exam. Anette Lien, former student
Knowledge of digital marketing is needed to create and exploit competitive advantage in a business. Many businesses want to have their own staff who possess this expertise, while others hire specialized consulting agencies. Some do both.
Become a digital marketer
After completing the program, you will be updated on digital marketing through modern and cost-effective channels. You will possess knowledge and skills that can instantly add business value through increased visibility on the Internet, ad networks, social media presence, and the company's own website.
You will get a basic introduction to the marketing profession along with a solid platform in performance measurement and analysis. This will enable you to capture new opportunities that arise. The program provides an introduction to customer dialogue and you also learn how to keep yourself up-to-date with what is happening in the marketing world even after the program.
The program has a strong focus on practical skills. The teaching is based on professional input and continuous efforts on exercises. Additionally, you will work with a larger mandatory task related to each topic. The first semester is made up of five topics, while the second semester runs in blocks where you concentrate on one topic at a time.
Topics in Digital Marketing:
- Creativity and Storytelling for Marketing
- Content Marketing
- Website Optimization
- Project 1
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Profiles
- Performance Analytics
- Project 2
- Principals and tools used for digital communication
- Ways to improve your communication skills
- New and up-coming trends along with new techniques and ways to use all of the digital channels
- Search engine tools for interpreting and measuring data
- Web technology and quality standards relative to the industry
- Regulations and standards for online marketing
- Different social media and advertisement channels. Along with different distribution methods
- Ways to create good user experiences on a website
- Ways to customize web pages in order to exploit a particular market segment
- Ways to apply knowledge to create a marketing plan for customers, brands or products
- How to use tolls to measure and analyze branding and performance marketing
- How to identify the strengths and weaknesses of a website with regards to visibility in search engines and social media user behavior
- Proper business conduct along with ethical issues that are related to marketing
- Privacy laws
We recommend the following:
500 GB Hard drive (or 250 GB + cloud storage).
8 GB RAM.
Core i5 processor.
Smart-phone with good camera.
Both PC and Mac are applicable.
Job titles often used are marketing coordinator, information consultant, web editor, etc. As you get more work experience, you may move on to positions as project manager or digital marketing consultant in general, or more specialized areas of digital marketing.
Competence in digital marketing provides many opportunities. In an extremely competitive society, this program is very valuable. Stian André Pedersen, student
In larger companies you can work as an employee in marketing, information or web development. In smaller companies with a strong online focus in marketing, you can work as a marketing manager. You can also take the role of media consultant, consultant in counseling agency in marketing or a communication and web developer.
The program may also be suitable for those who want to start their own business. With skills in marketing and tangible experience with cost effective marketing measures, you will be able to promote yourself and your business.
Digital marketing can be combined with Graphic Design. This may be appropriate for those who wish to specialize further in branding and identity. In addition, you can even design and manufacture all of the layout, promotional photos, advertising ads, banners and presentation videos for the internet and social media. Graphic design gives a thorough introduction to web design that allows students to code, launch, maintain and update websites.