Build a career as a digital marketer and create results with digital advertising, search engine optimization, content marketing and analytics. This education focuses on strategic and targeted online marketing and through social media.
Digital Fields of Expertise Always Under Development
Developments on the internet still move at a fast pace, and technology and communication merge closer together in line with technological development. This program focus on the most relevant websites, channels, tools, and services for a digital marketer, and shows how these can produce results for companies.
Knowledge of digital marketing is needed to create and exploit competitive advantage in a business. Many businesses want to have their own staff who possess this expertise, while others hire specialized consulting agencies. Some do both.
Become a digital marketer
After completing the program, you will be updated on digital marketing through modern and cost-effective channels. You will possess knowledge and skills that can instantly add business value through increased visibility on the Internet, ad networks, social media presence, and the company's own website.
You will get a basic introduction to the marketing profession along with a solid platform in performance measurement and analysis. This will enable you to capture new opportunities that marked. The program provides an introduction to customer dialogue, and you also learn how to keep yourself professionally up-to-date even after the program.
On the online version of the Digital marketing program, all of the syllabus is digital to ensure that it is updated at all times in a constantly changing field. The main weight of the syllabus is presented in writing. In order to put theory into practice, the students continuously work on tasks of different sizes. The teachers mainly guide the students via a common forum.
Topics in Digital Marketing:
- The digital marketer
- Content Marketing
- Website Optimization
- Semester assignment
- Social media marketing
- Creativity and storytelling in marketing
- Performance analytics
- Project exam
- Knowledge of principles and tools for digital communication.
- Knowledge of good communication adapted to different digital devices.
- Knowledge of development trends within digital marketing.
- Knowledge of the industry's most relevant social media channels and advertising channels.Their prevalence, reach, functionality, areas of use and target groups.
- Knowledge of search engine tools for performance measurement and analysis.
- Basic knowledge of web technology and familiarity with standardised concepts and quality requirements in the industry.
- Insight into regulations and standards relevant to online marketing.
- Industry knowledge of stakeholders in the field and knowledge of the professional’s role in companies of different sizes.
- Learn how to keep updated with professional knowledge within digital marketing.
- Understanding of the importance of digital marketing within general marketing.
- Understanding of the importance of the professional field from a value creation perspective.
- Understanding of the importance of good user experience on a website.
- Knowledge of how to customize websites.
- Apply professional knowledge to create a marketing plan for a customer, brand, or product.
- Choose the right advertising channel for a product and target group and run a campaign.
- Apply tools to measure and analyse branding and performance marketing.
- Identify needs of a website's strengths and weaknesses in terms of search engine visibility, social media sharing and user behaviour.
- Understanding of good business practice and awereness of ethical issues related to marketing.
- Understanding of the distinction between public and private dialogue online in order to protect the privacy of the company, customers, and stakeholders.
- Implement result-oriented development of a company's homepage/website.
- Build relationships between developers/designers/programmers and evaluate different solutions.
- Develop a total online presence for a given stakeholder.
We recommend the following:
500 GB Hard drive (or 250 GB + cloud storage).
8 GB RAM.
Core i5 processor.
Smartphone with good camera.
Both PC and Mac are acceptable.
Please note this is a general recommendation and the student must assess how much storage space is needed based on other areas of use. If you are buying a new machine for your studies, we would recommend one with an SSD as they perform faster.
Almost all large, medium, and small companies today need one or more digital marketer. Job opportunities you can enter as a newly qualified digital marketer can be marketing coordinator, marketing consultant, digital advisor, digital marketer, marketing manager or web manager.
Competence in digital marketing provides many opportunities. In an extremely competitive society, this program is very valuable. Stian André Pedersen, student
As you gain work experience, you can choose to move on to positions such as project manager or advisor for digital marketing, or marketing manager. Some also specialize further within specific parts of digital marketing.
The program may also be suitable for those who want to start their own business. With skills in marketing and practical experience with cost effective marketing measures, you will be able to promote yourself and your business.