Former Noroff student Mario Stjepanovic and his team got five minutes to sell the platform Soulsound as the best idea during this year's MashUP at By:Larm Interactive.
I'm confident that we will be able to help many musical talents in the future. Mario Stjepanovic
- We are very pleased that the jury has named Soul Sound as winner of Mashups 15, says Mario Stjepanovic, former student at Sound and Music Production at Noroff in Oslo. - It means so much to us all four, and especially to me as I've been developing the concept. I'm confident that we will be able to help many musical talents in the future.
With him on the team is Didrik Aleksander Strøhm, Alberto Edoardo Donadio and Marius Sevaldsen.
Musical talents will find each other
- What is Soulsound?
- Soulsound is a platform we're working on developing, says Mario. - Initially we will develop a solution that will help the musical talents find each other in an effective manner. The application will be about musical expression and not about the genre the musician usually works with.
- My experience was that too many of the people around me stopped producing music. This concept addresses that problem. There is often little motivation and dedication when working alone. With our concept, we will help users connect with creative souls that will inspire each other and continue to follow their dreams.
- A kind of “Tinder” for musical talents
- We all know Tinder. What if we applied the same matchmaking system for music talents, based on their sound? It is simple and global.
- People will listen to sounds from all over the world, and they will hear only your sound. Your profile will not have a picture; it's the sound that's your profile! You won't know who the other person is before you both like each other’s sound.
It is very nice to see students from Sound and Music Production apply their expertise in new areas and create technological innovations like this. Olav Slettahjell, Vocational Progamme Coordinator, Noroff
Vocational progamme coordinator at Noroff, Olav Slettahjell is impressed by Mario:
- It is very nice to see students from Sound and Music Production apply their expertise in new areas and create technological innovations like this, says Slettahjell.
The next step
- What's next for Soulsound?
- The goal now is to develop a working prototype of the application, and from this get a better understanding of the consumer, says Stjepanović. We will try to get a close collaboration with creative schools which will get the opportunity to exclusively test the beta version of the platform. This will contribute to a better understanding of what the consumer's needs are, and how we can improve the application in the best possible ways before we launch it.
The prize in the competition is access to offices in Silicon Valley, advisor services in music and technology and three months free office space in Norway .