– We are the first to offer a bachelor's degree that specifically focuses on this expertise, which is predicted to be one of the fastest-growing job sectors worldwide, says Professor Johan van Niekerk.
Starting from August 2024, Noroff University College will offer the bachelor's degree in Digital Assurance and Security Management. Currently, this bachelor's degree is the only one that specifically focuses on this expertise, which is predicted to be one of the fastest-growing job sectors worldwide.
– This degree is suitable for individuals who are organized and systematic, effective communicators, and have a good general understanding of technology. The role requires working at a higher, more business-focused level than typical technical cybersecurity professionals. Graduates will have an overarching understanding of the organization's general business processes, combined with an understanding of cybersecurity management and the principles of compliance auditing and monitoring, explains Professor Johan van Niekerk.
The program in Digital Assurance and Security Management will be offered through online studies.
– Students will learn to ensure the reliability, authenticity, and availability of information by establishing controls and procedures that protect data throughout its lifecycle. They will also be concerned with the overall framework of information protection, including both digital and physical records, as well as the systematic examination of an organization's security controls to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, says Professor Johan van Niekerk, who specializes in Cybersecurity.
This expertise has become a central requirement for ensuring a high level of cybersecurity both in Norway and the EU. The Network and Information Security Directive (NIS2), adopted by the EU and Norway in 2023, mandates that most organizations have individuals with this expertise to help ensure the proper implementation of cybersecurity controls.
Attractive job market
Reza Sohizadeh, Senior Manager at PwC Norway, believes it is an attractive job market.
– Cybersecurity auditing is an important part of any organization's security program. It provides an independent and objective assessment of the organization's cybersecurity status and identifies potential improvement opportunities. Cybersecurity audits also identify any deviations from current regulations and requirements.
– Nearly all national and international forecasts indicate a promising market for this field in the coming decades. However, there is a noticeable gap between the market demand for solid expertise in cybersecurity auditing and the number of qualified professionals, he states.
You can secure a study place starting from September 1st. If you would like to know more about the bachelor's degree, please contact our study advisors for more information.
It will be possible to apply for the bachelor's degree from September 1.