Noroff Vocational School seeks to appoint new staff in the area of Computing.
You will join a distributed team of vocational staff with whom you will be expected to work in very close collaboration, in delivering the vocational courses in Network and Systems Administration (NSA) and Network and IT-Security (NIS). As such, evidence of prior teamwork, teaching and excellent communication skills are essential.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching, engaging, informing and inspiring staff and students through both classroom and online delivery of lectures, and practical (PRAX) sessions.
- To assist in the development of required teaching material for both classroom and online delivery and to contribute to the maintenance and development of existing courses
- To develop and run effective assessments and ensure adequate feedback to students is provided.
- To liaise with the Programme leader and Head of Faculty on the development of curriculum and strategic direction in the subject area.
- To foster and maintain links with the industry sector at a local level.
- To assist in marketing the course as required
- To participate in open days and other recruitment activities as appropriate.
- To undertake appropriate levels of guidance, care and support for students ensuring interpersonal skills are adequately developed.
- To supervise the work of students in areas such as personal projects, fieldwork and industry placements.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and students through internal networks, and the sharing of ideas and information.
- The ability to engage students at all levels in innovative, informative and rigorous teaching and learning practices
- A strong commitment to team-working
- Administrative ability which includes the everyday paperwork, following up class attendance, and regular organization involved around course leadership, teaching and running of courses/modules
- To work in and contribute to a dynamic and visionary team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver on deadlines
- Good time-management skills
- Contribute to flexible working hours when undertaking projects, overseeing Open Days and other recruitment activities
- Prepared to arrange and participate in student-centred extra-curricular activities, such as field trips
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Security or a related field or relevant skills and experience in the following areas:
- Penetration testing practice and procedures
- Operating system
- Networks and Network Security
- Programming (Python)
- Desirable but not essential;
- Ability to teach using different strategies and in different circumstances
- Familiarity with academic quality assurance and enhancement
- Knowledge and understanding of Higher Education
- Experience of teaching
- Experience in the design, development and implementation of curriculum
- Experience in teaching online
- Teaching qualification
- Recognized commercial certification
Excellent Norwegian and English spoken and written communication skills with an ability to engage audiences are essential for this post.
In addition to their area of expertise, we are looking to appoint someone who is enthusiastic about learning and education in general and is open to innovative models of learning and teaching.
The successful applicant will join Oslo campus and as part of a cross-campus team, must also be willing to take direction from senior academic staff, as well as being capable of taking initiative and self-motivation.
We will review applicants and set up interviews as we go so please submit your application as soon as possible!
Noroff develops relevant educational programmes together with industry to meet the current and future needs of employers. Noroff provides an education adapted to a digital and technology centered future. Our graduates contribute towards innovation and change in many key sectors. We have campuses located in Oslo, Kristiansand, Bergen and Stavanger. Our programmes are also offered online.