Web server development in Java
Online bootcamp 26. April 2021
10 weeks part time Instructor led
Looking to give your career a boost and improve your Web developing skills? Dreaming of becoming a full-stack web developer? This course might just be perfect for you.
Use 10 weeks of your spare time to acquire Java-skills that could be a big career door opener for you.
Noroff Accelerate provides fast paced training using accelerated learning techniques developed by experts. We strive to give you the knowledge and skills the industry demands, helping you to boost your career.
About the course
This course teaches you how to develop backend software components which handle business logic for modern Web applications. You will learn the fundamental features which are crucial for developing, understanding, interpreting, and contributing to applications developed in Java, using the Spring framework. As well as the required understanding of data persistence concepts needed to develop and/or contribute meaningfully to a development project requiring persistent data storage.
The course focusses on building an understanding of Web development concepts needed to develop and/or contribute meaningfully to a Web application project developed in Java Spring, specifically focusing on Web APIs.
All our courses are designed to meet the industry needs and provide you with the skills that are required to succeed in your industry. We have close relations to the tech industry and our aim is to provide you with tools that will improve your career.
Our highly qualified instructors and lecturers will help you get the full benefit from the course.
This course is for those with basic or intermediate coding knowledge who want to expand their programming skills set.
Where: The course is remote instructor led, so you can study from anywhere.
When: 26. april
Duration and extent: 10 weeks part time (60 hrs lecture, 60 hrs problem solving, 50 hrs self study).
Weekly schedule: 3 sessions synchronus online (6 hours total). 3-6 hours of joint program solving online. 5 hours self study.
Price: NOK 40.000,-
What you will learn:
- how to program with Java and use it for modern programming tasks
- how to use Git for source control and collaboration
- team based productivity and collaborating methods
- managing projects using Maven and Gradle build systems
- how to write unit tests using JUnit and how to use them to improve code quality
- how to use the Spring Framework to quickly build web applications
- how to use Spring Data to quickly deploy REST APIs
- how to use Hibernate for storage and persistence
- how to package Java solutions into containers using Docker
- how to host containers and Java solutions using Heroku
Sign up to Accelerate